Be a Tutor
Want to Change the Tenderloin One Life at a Time?
De Marillac Academy is seeking committed and engaged volunteers to help our students excel in school and beyond! Tutoring is one of the ways you can support De Marillac and our wonderful students.
Why should I tutor?
- – Tutoring at De Marillac allows volunteers to build personal relationships with students while assisting them academically.
- – Our tutors serve as adult role models who are neither parents nor teachers, who provide our students with vital friendship, support, and guidance as they experience new academic challenges and unfamiliar social environments.
- – The most important aspect of tutoring is commitment. We ask our volunteers to spend at least three sessions per month.
- – The most essential qualification we seek in our tutors are: enthusiasm, an interest in working with disadvantaged youth, and the ability to support and guide our students through the program.
- – All tutors will be provided with a training manual as well as a mandatory orientation session designed to prepare them to be effective volunteers.
In order to be considered for a position as a De Marillac Academy tutor you must:
What are the requirements?
- – Be at least 21 years old
- – Complete a volunteer application/background check
- – Have a conversation with a member of the De Marillac Academy staff
What is the schedule?
- Monday-Friday from 10:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday from 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m.
If you are interested becoming a tutor, please email email@example.com.