Be an Enrichment Teacher
Do you have a gift or talent to share?
De Marillac Academy is seeking committed and engaged volunteers to help our students excel in school and beyond! Teaching an Enrichment Class is one of the ways you can support De Marillac and our wonderful students.
Enrichment classes include subjects that are outside the realm of traditional curriculum. Past classes have included: soccer, cheerleading, etiquette, journalism, investing, drama, fencing, French, and Introduction to Law, as well as many other fun activities such as knitting and baking.
Why Teach an Enrichment Class?
Teaching an Enrichment Class provides:
- – A holistic education to underserved students
- – A creative outlet for volunteers seeking to design a course about one of their favorite topics or hobbies
- – A team-building exercise for your colleagues if you would like to collaborate to teach a course
Does it fit in your schedule?
- – Enrichment classes are taught on either a Tuesday or Thursday from 4:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- – Enrichment teachers commit to one class per week for the duration of an academic trimester (approximately 12 weeks).
- – If you cannot commit to an entire trimester, consider creating a course that you can “team-teach”. For example, in years past a group of attorneys divided an Introduction to Law course amongst one another so that the students gained a breadth of understanding of the profession while the instructors could commit to the afternoon(s) they were available.
If you are interested in teaching an enrichment class, please email email@example.com.